Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Disney Hat

This project has been my baby for the last month.

I started off by taking a well known logotype, in this case "Disney", and I printed it on an 11x17" bristol paper. I then made grids of various sizes on tracing paper and placed it over the logotype. My goal was to isolate the most recognizable elements of the logo and use only those forms for this product.

Once I was satisfied with the forms I would be using, I then used Illustrator to create only those forms and sized it to what I would need for the final product.

I then traced those forms onto white iron-on patches which were then cut out. My biggest challenge was trying to get the larger pieces to conform to the rounded areas of the hat.

Overall, I feel that the final product is very successful. I was able to deconstruct the logotype and use selected elements on a "product" while maintaining the essence of the original design.

All images and photographs are the property of DKiser Designs and subject to copyright protection. You may not copy or reproduce any image or photograph in any way without the express permission of DKiser Designs. Thank you.



1 comment:

  1. Great job, Kiser!
    I also did a deconstructed Disney Hat for Typography.
    (Great minds think alike?)
    I am really impressed by your photography and work!

    ReplyDelete